Harrogate and Ripon Beekeepers Association is fortunate to have a group of members who provide a service to supply the need for beekeeping equipment in the area. This service is provided by the wholly owned, arms length business, Claro Bees Limited.
Claro Bees has a well stocked shop that is located near the RHS Harlow Carr Gardens, alongside the Harrogate Arms, Crag Lane, Harrogate, HG3 1QA.
Claro Bees will be open on Saturdays from 9.00am until 12.30pm on the following dates in 2018:
Saturday March 10th until Saturday October 27th inclusive.
Please note that Claro Bees will be CLOSED on Saturday 23rd June 2018 due to the RHS Garden Harlow Carr Flower Show.
Saturday 1st December for fondant and winter treatment collection.
Please remember that Claro Bees cannot accept cards, payment by cash and cheque only.
You can download the 2018 Claro Bees Catalogue.
Benefits of Shopping at Claro Bees
- Claro Bees maintains large stocks so you can normally handle the goods or try on clothing before purchasing
- Claro Bees supplies equipment from many different suppliers including a leading EU based supplier-you have the pick of the full range of equipment available in the UK, not just the products of a single supplier.
- The shop staff are experienced beekeepers who can give free advice on the available options
- There is extensive free car parking available immediately adjacent to Claro Bees
- There are usually other beekeepers around with whom you can exchange news and views
Plenty of shop staff are present during opening times to speed up service. In addition, a more experienced beekeeper will always be on hand to help with any beekeeping enquiries or problems that you may have.
An electronic point of sale system is in use, with all the shop stock having bar codes to speed up the purchasing process and provide a detailed, printed receipt for goods purchased.
Prices are keen, and generally below list prices; any profit made will accrue to the Association.
A price list together with location map is electronically distributed to all members before the start of the season.
Most everyday-equipment is available in stock.
Customers traveling from a distance or requiring large quantities of supplies, or supplies of non-standard equipment are advised to contact the Claro Bees Manager in advance to ensure that the required equipment will be in stock at the time of the visit.
Typical goods available from stock include:
- British National hive components in standard cedar, usually as flat packs only.
- Frames for BS
- Foundation for most common frames sizes
- Tools- hive tools, frame cleaners, smokers, queen marking cages, queen marking paint, queen cages etc. etc
- Clothing-bee suits, jackets, trousers, veils, gloves etc.
- Jars & labels
- Products for feed and health